Another great project initiated by a VCW member! Tom Mc Kinlay got the ball rolling, bringing together interested parties to explore potential projects that would meet the Government’s ‘Low Emissions Vehicle Fund’ criteria this round. Several ideas were explored, before the car sharing scheme was selected. Given the tight timeframe to put in applications, we had to work fast, divvying up who would liaise with who – the DCC, ORC, Polytech, University, Chamber of Commerce… As well as doing this, Tom was busy on the phone and internet, finding out who else had expertise we could draw on. Lots of useful learning and connections on the way, and the end result is a strong application to EECA to fund 50% of the costs of a feasibility study for an e-car sharing scheme for Dunedin. Otago Polytechnic, Otago Regional Council and the DCC have collectively pledged to commit funds to cover ‘our’ 50%.
- VCW Christmas BBQ!
- Piling on Progress!
- Pact Pop-up Market
- A friendly reminder subscriptions are due, AGM Minutes and financial report
- Sustainability snapshots at the VCW Tues. 25 July 5.30-7pm, plus a short AGM
- We want to add a new activity to the purpose statement in our VCW Rules, to more accurately reflect what we are doing.
- VCW 2017 update – We’re Turning TWO
- Listen to member Peter McDonald talk about the VCW on Access radio
- ChargeUp Dunedin- Information sharing meeting about what’s happening on the electric car scene – Wed. 19 Oct 4-6pm
- Application to EECA to fund a feasibility study for an electric car sharing scheme has been submitted!